Level 3 Software Development Technician
Apprentice Web Developer
Salary: £9,500 per annum
Working hours: Mon – Fri 9 AM – 5 PM
Please contact Mitchell on Mitchell.Risley@estio.co.uk or call 02033558810
About the company:
Today we also support educational businesses and a range of companies in a variety of commercial sectors, but our aims remain constant. We are built on a culture of over delivery, exceeding client expectations and ensuring the company is the absolute minimum in terms of our commitment to our clients and their projects.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Web Developer with a Marketing Agency based in Wokingham.
We have an excellent opportunity for an aspiring web developer to join our company’s in-house digital team to continue the growth we’ve achieved in this area during the past five years.
The digital space has become integral to what we do and as such we’re looking for an individual with an interest in coding and a hunger to develop a breadth of skills across both the front and backend of websites.
We are an ambitious full-service sports and fitness focused marketing agency working for a range of organisations across marketing, design, digital and PR and communications.
As an individual, you will be ambitious and keen to take on new challenges and solve problems.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- The design and development of new websites using WordPress
- The on-going maintenance and improvement of existing WordPress websites
- Building HTML email templates for use with services such as Mailchimp
- Analytics of websites
- Management of website hosting/domains/DNS
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- A knowledge of WordPress
- An understanding of the principles of SEO
- An awareness of the role websites play in communicating an organisation’s message as part of their marketing strategies
- An interest in the design of websites, taking into account user experience and responsivity requirements
- An interest in coding and examples of extra-curricular web work
- High attention to detail with problem solving skills
- Good organisation skills and a willingness to learn
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Ambition, strong work ethic and open to new ideas
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.