Level 4 Software Tester
Job Title: Software Tester Apprentice
Employer: XO Serve
Full address: Lansdowne Gate, 65 New Rd, Solihull B91 3DL
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 – 8:30am – 17:00pm
Starting Salary: £15,730 per annum
Please contact Josh at Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Xoserve is the Central Data Service Provider (CDSP) for Great Britain’s gas market.
We deliver a full range of vital services to gas suppliers, shippers and transporters.
We are responsible for providing information to gas transportation companies from our central register. We also provide information about gas flows across the entire network.
Our central register holds information on all premises with a gas supply. Our gas flow information helps us recognise which companies are responsible for gas entering and leaving the network, which lets it remain ‘in balance’ between supply and demand.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Test Engineer Apprentice with XO Serve, based in Solihull.
The Xoserve Apprenticeship is an exciting first step on a rewarding career with Xoserve, opening doors to a multitude of excellent onward opportunities. As a Test Analyst Apprentice, you will ensure that Products operates as intended. Testers typically design and prepare test plans and conduct testing as appropriate to ensure that products is fit for purpose. They document and report the results of testing activities, and they have a good understanding of the project lifecycle and development practices. You will also have the chance to raise your personal profile through various engagement events within the company our local business community.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop skills, knowledge and experience in testing via on the job training and the completion of Certificate Software Tester.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Reviewing product requirements and specifications for functionality, security, and defines comprehensive tests and conditions.
- Designs simple test strategies for non-complex projects.
- Analyses test requirements and designs and prepares a test plan.
- Designs and builds test cases, test scripts, and test procedures, with expected results.
- Develops and collects representative and realistic test data.
- Conducts a range of different testing types (including Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional and Non- Functional Testing, System Testing, Stress Testing, Performance Testing, Usability Testing, Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing and Exploratory Testing); interpreting and executing sets of moderately complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
- Accurately records the outcomes of test activities and maintains accurate test records and reports.
- Assesses test results against expected results and acceptance criteria and through traceability to requirements.
- Presents and communicates results effectively using appropriate communication styles and media.
- Operates the organisation’s software testing tools effectively and follows procedures and techniques correctly.
- Complies with relevant legislation and internal/external standards related to testing and security.
- Completes allocated tasks in accordance with the organisation’s reporting and quality systems.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- Knowledge of website development technologies
- An active interest in technology (ideally internet/web technologies)
- Good communication skills
- Organised and able to manage your time
- A fast learner
- Able to work with others
- Good attention to detail
- Uses initiative
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Testing Tools (Part 1)
- Testing Tools (Part 2)
- Testing Concepts (Part 1)
- Testing Concepts (Part 2)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.