Level 4 Software Tester
Hours – 37.5 hours per week
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the Company
This company is a construction tech start-up based in London and are currently looking for a talented and passionate Software Developer Apprentice.
This company is on a path to revolutionise the construction industry with custom augmented reality hardware and innovative software. Our Team are highly motivated, professionally qualified engineers specialising in industrial and mechanical design, software, and electronic design and manufacture. The quality and innovativeness of products we design are critical to our customers and to our company.
Brief Job Description:
The Software Tester will be responsible for the successful end to end testing of our solutions prior to deployment into production environments. They will also be responsible for investigating bugs, issues and problems that may be identified in the production environments.
This company are developing an exciting Unity-based software platform for our custom Augmented Reality Head Mounted Display system.
- Work in the software team to develop Augmented Reality applications for our custom hardware (and additional future platforms) using Unity, external and custom libraries.
- Help in shaping the future structure, tech stacks and flow of the software
- Work in a highly practical Research-and-Development and product-driven culture
- Work with Hardware, Software, and Design teams to develop cutting edge products
- Willingness to learn new things and to help out in other areas within the company when needed
In addition to the key role responsibilities outlined above, all staff are required to undertake the following responsibilities in adherence with company policies:
- Maintain a high quality of communications internally and externally;
- Carry out any reasonable job-related task requested;
- Implement and act in accordance with companies information security policies;
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference;
- Execute responsibilities in line with security processes or policies;
- Adherence at all times to confidentiality clauses set out in employment contract particularly with regards to the handling of sensitive data and information;
- Attend training courses provided by the company and maintain awareness and adherence to company policies and processes;
- GCSE Grade 4-9 in English and Maths
- Level 3 Software Development Apprentiship
- Personable, with excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with staff at all levels.
- Works well independently as well as part of a team
- Passion for code quality and performance
- Some commercial experience OR excellent Unity and C# skills is preferred
- Excellent communications skills, well organised and excited by the prospect of developing their skills and knowledge in a fast paced environment
Key Competencies /Skills
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of insurance terminology
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work well with people
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with insurer clients
- Methodical, logical mind
- Enthusiasm for continual learning
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Salary / Benefits
- Salary dependent on experience and interview
- Holiday 20-22 days per year depending on experience and interview
- Pension scheme with People’s Pension matched to 8% of salary
- Training budget of 12 days paid leave and £3,000 per year for courses
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Testing Tools (Part 1)
- Testing Tools (Part 2)
- Testing Concepts (Part 1)
- Testing Concepts (Part 2)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.