Level 4 Software Tester
Apprenticeship Title : Software Tester Apprentice
Weekly Hours worked: 37.5
Salary – £12k per annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company is a leading player in the Digital TV industry and has been developing leading edge software for products for more than 15 years. We are part of the Vestel Group who is one of the top 3 global TV producers. We are proud to have our software running inside millions of Displays and TV’s in Homes and Hotels, Hospitals and Businesses. With around 10 million Internet connected TV’s being used daily across Europe and the World; Our state-of-the-art software is at the Centre of the TV experience in many homes.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Tester Apprentice with a digital TV sector based near Bristol
Working in small agile team to undertake rapid high-quality manual and automated testing of all aspects of our software for Digital television both Emulated and on the TV itself. Presently we are Testing our Software to allow HD+ services on the TV in Europe and New features for Freeview, BBC, iPlayer, ITV Hub etc in the UK.
Technical competencies you will be working with:
- Windows, Linux, Virtualization and Cloud Technology
- Digital TV (DVB-T/S/C/T2/S2)
- Digital visual entertainment technologies (HbbTV, VoD, DRM, OIPF)
- Knowledge of OnDemand and Catch up TV services (iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD, Demand 5)
- TCP/IP based systems (IP streaming, DLNA, MPEG-DASH, HLS etc.)
- Technical specifications (e.g. ETSI, ISO and DVB)
- Agile software development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Linux, build systems and scripting (Make, bash, Python, Perl etc.)
- Defect tracking tools. g. Jira, Bugzilla, Mantis, Test Track Pro
- Test case management tools. E.g. Testlink, Test Track Pro
- Develop and Validate Advanced Tests using Scripting Languages
- Automated build and testing systems in Jenkins, Docker, Terraform and Kubernetes as well as support and Develop and Test using unique Test systems using Python, AI , Selenium.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- You should be very interested in things and to want to become knowledge about those things.
- Good written skills.
- Be able to follow complex written instructions to a high standard.
- Strong team player – collaborative, open.
- Someone who Identifies opportunities for improvement and make suggestions for change.
- Ability to work under pressure and have tenacity to work through issues and overcome problems both as an individual and part of a team.
- Passionate about what you do
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Testing Tools (Part 1)
- Testing Tools (Part 2)
- Testing Concepts (Part 1)
- Testing Concepts (Part 2)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.