Job Title – Web/Software Developer
Employer – Vision4Dreams
Full Address – 59 Wilson Patten Street, Warrington WA1 1NF
Salary – £4.30 per hour
Please contact Ciara Glynn on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Vision4Dreams is a digital marketing company based in Warrington in Cheshire. We have many years experience working in media and digital marketing projects for clients in the public and private sectors. We are very professional on our approach and offer a high quality service on all aspects of IT, communication, video and digital marketing to help our customers achieve the best results. We have experienced team that consists of skilled and creative website developers, experienced graphics designers and digital marketing experts that work together as a team to meet and exceed the client’s expectations.
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for a Web/Software Developer with Vision4Dreams, a Digital Marketing company based in Warrington in Cheshire.
Vision4Dreams are looking to expand our web/software development team with a new team member who can support our growth and help us deliver customer focused digital software solutions to our new clients.
This role is suitable for the Apprentice to complete a Level 3 Software Development Technician
Apprenticeship combining online learning, classroom training and on the job tasks to
develop real work skills in software development. The right candidate will also gain business experience by meeting some potential clients face to face and learn how to quote, plan, create, build, test and deliver exciting web and software projects to potential clients here in the UK and abroad.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Work in the new software team to develop applications for future platforms
• Help in shaping the future structure, tech stacks and flow of the software
• Work with Design team to develop cutting edge products and software applications
• Willingness to learn new skills and to help out in other areas within the company when needed
• Take extensive attention to detail when working with design to hand code web projects
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
• Research and gain understanding of security features and put forward solutions and enhancements
• Develop knowledge and understanding of cross browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Work closely with the Creative Director and the Digital marketing team to create reports, SEO audits and assist on SEO coding
• Ability to research and create new software packages
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• The ability to work alongside the management and the marketing team and the sales teams to join up activity.
• Quick leaner and able to understand the complex businesses of a diverse portfolio of clients and projects,
• A genuine team player who is comfortable and confident making decisions and be member of a creative team
• Confident to work independently or with very little supervision
• Knowledge of web and software technologies
• Confident and good communications skills (in person and over the phone)
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude
• Team player and attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Punctual and organised
The role offers the opportunity to progress into a permanent position after successfully completing the apprenticeship.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt. Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• Software Development Fundamentals
• Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.