Level 4 Software Developer
Apprenticeship Title Apprentice Developer
Weekly Hours worked 37.5
Salary £13,000-£18,000 PER ANNUM depending on experience
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About The Company:
This company specialise in implementing & supporting Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions in Legal, Banking, Professional Services and other markets. We work predominantly with the iManage Worksite suite of ECM products, specialising in Document Management, helping clients manage their documents, emails and other unstructured content. We have also developed our own range of software tools to complement the iManage product and also our own new Knowledge Management product for law firms, the Blueprint.
We require an Apprentice Developer to help build and strengthen our Software tools that we offer. The role will be based from our Norwich office and will primarily involve the internal co-ordination and delivery of business-related software projects for both new and existing customers. Full “on-the-job” training will be offered around the specifics of the iManage solution. Although this role will be focused across development, you will also gain experience across design and testing stages through-out the tenure of the role.
The ideal candidate will be able to display a passion for coding whether that be through previous academic training, or home-based projects and exploration. You will be working as part of a very successful, creative, and dynamic team with a varied range of experience. As such, you will be surrounded by colleagues that will not only guide you through your learning, but also inspire you to develop your skills and character further.
- To liaise closely with the companies Technical team with deadlines etc, to ensure projects are kept on track
- Help to develop and maintain existing new products
- Create and maintain technical documentation and materials for our in-house products
- Help with the testing of new and existing products
Desired Technical Skills and Experience:
- Nice to have: .Net Core, Vue.js, Git
- Experience with .net technologies
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- *Preferred* 1- or 2-years’ experience in a commercial working environment
- Able to display a passion for coding through previous projects you’ve been involved in, whether in a work environment or ‘bedroom’ setting
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work as part of a creative and driven team
- Previous and proven ability to work towards deadlines
- An eagerness to learn and develop your skills whenever possible
- The ability to use initiative and creativity to overcome obstacles
- A ‘solution’ orientated mindset
- An organised, logical approach to tasks
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- A-level of equivalent
- Further education advantageous
The role offers long term prospects to become an established and integral part of a growing software development team.
Training To Be Provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive five weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Language
- Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.