Level 4 Software Developer (Web)
Apprentice Software Developer
Weekly Hours Mon – Fri 9 – 5pm
Salary: 12 – 15k per year dependant on experience
Please contact: Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company offers services across paid search (Google and Bing) and paid social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn). From our office in Hale, Cheshire, we service clients worldwide. Our team of experts are experienced in all areas of paid advertising, including remarketing, display advertising and product listing ads (PLAs).
We combine data-driven insights alongside originality to design high converting campaigns that achieve the best possible return on investment for your business.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Software Web Developer.
This company are looking for an individual to join their development team. Working across web development, app development and marketing technology initiatives/campaigns for both clients and the agency itself. The candidate will be familiar with web standards and programming concepts.
Main tasks, responsibilities, and accountabilities:
- Update and maintain a variety of web, mobile, social applications.
- Help to troubleshoot technical problems in client CMS systems or other applications.
- Review site diagnostics and maintenance tasks.
- Create appropriate documentation for requirements, procedures, processes
- and revisions.
- Communicate any problem areas, expectations, and modifications to manager.
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by the team lead is maintained.
- Help identify areas of risk to the team.
- Clearly articulate project scope and timelines to members of the team.
- Stay on top of new technology and techniques to ensure we stay current and relevant.
- Using and maintaining an SVN/GIT repository to ensure continuity.
- Ensure that each project prioritises the user experience over the easiest programming route.
- prolific user of social media
- high level of maturity
- good IT knowledge
- written English to an excellent standard
- hard-working, team player with a never take NO attitude
- professional, action oriented “doer as well as a talker”
- excellent & confident communication skills with training ability
- strong creativity and an eye for detail
- flexible, “down to earth” & positive
- extremely well organised and reliable
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C or equivalent (including English and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive five weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development and C#
- Software Development Methodologies
- Systems Development Essentials
- Programming Skills
- MTA Introduction to programming using Java
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.