Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: Apprentice IT Technician
Salary: A1 – (£17,364 -£17,711)
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company are a happy, thriving, and successful school where young people are at the heart of everything they do. This company pride themselves on valuing each and every one of their students as an individual and the excellent climate created for great learning, success, and opportunity, allowing all students to achieve their full potential.
Purpose of Role:
- To assist in servicing and maintaining school ICT Systems and equipment
- To assist the IT Services team (under supervision)
- Assist in IT related queries from staff and students with ICT issues
- Recognise and refer complex issues, as required.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity which would suit an Apprentice IT Technician with a School based in Leeds. This company seek to appoint a highly driven, enthusiastic and customer focused Apprentice IT Technician to join their IT Services team.
The successful candidate will be committed to providing excellent first line support and will assist the IT Services team in the smooth running of the network.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To support with the servicing and maintenance of all ICT hardware within the school, arranging for repair as necessary
- To support with the monitoring of equipment on a day to day basis, ensuring all computer hardware functions safely and effectively to meet the needs of the school
- To provide first response to ICT queries from staff via the helpdesk, meeting all agreed service level expectations
- As part of the IT team, identify faults with ICT hardware and software and correct and/or recommend further action, within area of responsibility
- To maintain accurate back-up systems of all the school’s management information systems and data, by following agreed protocols and procedures
- To assist in managing an accurate inventory of all ICT equipment and security mark all school assets in line with Financial Regulations.
- To provide support and advice to staff and students in their use of ICT equipment, systems and audio-visual equipment
- To support the IT Services Team in the systematic monitoring of the ICT network for viruses, unauthorised software and misuse
- To support the IT Services Team in maintaining the network and commissioning new equipment and software
- To support the IT Services Team in the procurement of equipment and software where appropriate
- To escort outside contractors on site when required for maintenance and installation of ICT equipment, in line with visitor and safeguarding protocols
- To work in a positive way, building effective relationships with all service users, using customer service skills, and placing a high value on customer satisfaction
- To be flexible, and work within a team that support new and collaborative ways of working
- To demonstrate a commitment to the ongoing development of yourself and others, updating your knowledge of developments in Information Technology and participate in professional development events
- To provide technical (IT and AV) support for out of hours events including open evenings, school productions and events. (Notice will be given for such events).
- Adhering to the department’s operational standards, ensure that the school’s needs are met through appropriate ICT solutions
- Work effectively with suppliers as required
- Assist with the maintenance of documentation and the delivery of training
- Participate as a full member of staff at the school, supporting school aims and initiatives
Health and Safety
- You may be required to work at height using the appropriate Full training will be provided
- You have specific responsibilities under Health & Safety legislation to ensure that you:
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and that of others affected by what you do, or do not do
- Cooperate on all issues involving health and safety
- Use work items provided for you correctly, in accordance with training and instructions
- Do not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare
- Report any health and safety concerns to your line manager as soon as practical
- To be First Aid trained and respond to requests for First Aid in line with the First Aid Policy.
- The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake lunch or break time duties as requested by SLT.
- The post holder may be required from time to time to assist with the invigilation and/or administration of internal and/or external assessments.
- Support and promote the school’s policies on Diversity and Equality of Opportunity.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection and safeguarding ensuring all concerns are reported appropriately in a timely manner.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to data protection and the security and confidentiality of data ensuring all concerns are reported appropriately in a timely manner.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- The ability to recognise problems and resolve straightforward issues, or refer more complex matters
- The ability to work flexibly and supportively with staff and students
- Customer service skills
- Good basic IT (technical) skills to undertake the tasks in the job description, with the capability to build skills with further training.
- Able to work in a team
Able to recognise what tasks take priority
- Must be legally entitled to work in the UK (Asylum and Immigration Act 1996).
- No contra-indications in personal background or criminal record indicating unsuitability to work with children/young people/vulnerable clients (DBS check required).
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.