Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Support Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 pw
Please contact Josh on Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company specialises in supporting the IT requirements of modern businesses allowing our clients to concentrate on what they do best, running their business. Working in partnership with our clients we ensure they are maximising efficiencies with their current available resources and can move forward with new technologies and innovations as their business growth demands. Our scalable IT support and hosted services accommodate everyone from business start-up’s to large enterprises, providing all the benefits you would expect from an internal IT department plus access to a range of specialists with up to the minute knowledge and qualifications across all areas of IT. This company provide a bespoke range of managed, hosted and IT support services designed to fit any business model. We also often work alongside existing IT departments especially on projects such as virtualisation, hosted exchange, Office 365, cloud backups including disaster recovery, security, networks and technology refreshes. By working with our clients we continually monitor, manage and improve their business’s performance saving them time and money. All our services and solutions are fully supported with mutually-agreed Service Level Agreements.
Brief job description:
This is a great opportunity to work within a fast paced, dynamic environment. Working in a small team you will support colleagues and customers with IT support. You will be based at the head office in Nuneaton and you will operate a customer support ticket service dealing with issues the customers face.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Work with clients to understand details of faults
- Resolving faults and explaining to the client the work you have carried out
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Fixing and maintaining equipment such as printers, laptops, PC’s and tablets
- Assisting with system upgrades and setting up new devices
- Recording problems within CRM systems so that task histories can be reviewed
- Provide excellent customer service
- Identify the need for system and equipment updates
- To co-ordinate and provide prioritised technical support and advice to clients
- To assist in the design, implementation and configuration of IT systems at client sites
- To ensure adequate arrangements are in place for the security of data, systems and hardware
- To respond without delay to clients IT needs and issues
- To successfully complete relevant college training and demonstrate a commitment to continuous development
- To demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly sometimes outside of core hours, in response to service demands
- To manage time effectively and achieve targets and deadlines
- To maintain an awareness of new and innovative technologies
- To perform such other tasks as may reasonably be required by the company Directors
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the company Equal Opportunities Policy
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language, Maths & ICT)
Skills Required IT Literate, Excellent Communication Skills, Ability to demonstrate initiative,
Personal qualities: Reliable, Trustworthy, Enthusiastic, Team Player,
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.