Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours per week
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Three friends operating across multiple industry sectors all experiencing the same frustrations when utilising/providing Managed IT services. With two directors already being established businesses owners this company understand first-hand the importance of technical support and how it forms the backbone of most businesses in today’s ever evolving world of tech. With over 10 years exposure to the managed service space we formed this company, offering an evolved multi layered communication strategy whilst facilitating a professional, yet personable service.
As an IT Apprentice, you will be working closely with our support technicians as they support our existing and new customers’ IT requirements.
You will have a keen interest in IT and must be able to work as part of a busy support team. Working closely with other departments you will need to build relationships with both internal and external customers.
We work to strict SLAs with our customers and you’ll be responsible, after training, for the quality of information logged into our Call Management system – you will be expected to accurately log support tickets into our Call Management system in a timely manner.
We expect you to be self-motivated, efficient, and well-organised with a keen eye for detail. You will be IT-literate with skills in the use of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- The timely and accurate logging of customer issues into the Call Management system, from both phone calls and incoming emails.
- Using the formal call logging system in place and be responsible for the quality of the information recorded – to be able to produce clear descriptions relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions.
- Recognising when a call is urgent and escalate accordingly.
- Carrying out configuration and testing of new kit prior to install at customer site.
- The ability to work as part of a team, whilst remaining self-motivated in managing your own workload.
- The ability to demonstrate an excellent customer service focus when dealing with clients.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Task Management
- Problem Solving
- Customer Care/Service
- Good verbal and written skills
- Planning and Organising
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge accordingly
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.