Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked: 35 hours per week
Salary: £160-£250 per week
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company use the experience and commercial buoyancy our blue chip pedigree gives us to ensure that your infrastructure is engineered as if you had your own personal team of Architects, Infrastructure Consultants, Project Directors and Service Delivery Managers. All packaged together with a commercial model that puts all the power directly into the hands of the client, without conflicts of interest that come from ’profit-lead advice’.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a 1st Line Service Desk Apprentice with a Computer Support Company based in Peterborough.
We are looking to recruit a 1st line Service Desk Apprentice for our growing company. We are looking for a hardworking, organised individual who is flexible and willing to learn. A personal interest in IT/Technology along with the drive for self-improvement is critical in any candidate looking to apply for this role.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide 1st line technical support to telephone requests and emails from users. This will extend to application support to ensure our users are leveraging our cloud systems to their fullest potential.
- To ensure calls for support are dealt with promptly and appropriately.
- Maintaining existing Hardware and Software to agreed standards.
- Key accountabilities will include maintenance and documentation of the registration system.
- All maintenance set up and configuration of the office printers and laptops.
- Manage user requests for software downloads or installations.
- Cleaning of old/slow computers.
What’s in it for you?
- Pool tables, dart board and games machines in the office
- Free breakfast and beers in the fridge for after work
- Work hard to play hard’ ethos and unique incentive scheme
- Additional days holiday on your birthday
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- IT skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.