Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 09-5:30 37.5 per weeks
Salary: 10k plus bonuses
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
Founded in November 2000 the company has over the past 15 years grown into a fast paced company with an outstanding reputation for providing quality products with exceptional customer service.
Providing a strong local service in Kent, Essex, South, North, East London our attitude of putting our customers first has served the company well over the years and led to its growth.
The company started mainly in supplying till rolls to the local trade and quickly formed strong relationships with both manufacturers and local suppliers of cash registers which still exists today.
This role is to work for a family run rapidly growing Epos Software and hardware provider that has a nationwide rental business. You are required to thoroughly learn the system to be able to complete installations, train users, resolve any issues, swap out and repair faulty equipment and provide excellent levels of customer service. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key member of staff in a growing business that will offer you ongoing training.
We require Ambitious, hardworking, think out of the box individuals who are customer focused and willing to learn. We can offer strong career progression.
This is a great opportunity to join a very successful local company and you will be based at our office in Mulberry Court Crayford
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
Hardware & Software Support
- Provide hardware and Software support to pre-sales and post-sales Epos Customers via telephone, email and remotely via Team Viewer or other remote systems.
- To undertake onsite visits when required to resolve hardware and software issues which can’t be resolved without a customer visit.
- Test all new hardware which arrives at the office and perform pre installation upgrades and ensure system is tested fully before going onsite. All issues to be dealt directly with Manufacturers.
- Report all software issues direct to relevant suppliers and proactively work to provide solutions and ensure communication is maintained with customers.
- Upgrade software patches to customer either remotely or by site visit or provide training if required.
Installation and Training
- Install all equipment in accordance with agreed customer requirements and provide training on the chosen epos software.
- Build a good working relationship with customers and provide professional training so staffs feels confident in using the system.
- Produce where needed adequate training manuals and documentation to support customer training needs.
- Install all additional software or hardware as agreed with customer at the time of order.
- On confirmation of order to liaise fully with the customer over the exact programming requirements.
- Fully programme and test EPOS systems prior to go out on rent or installation. All work to be completed to agreed timescales.
PDQ Integration and support
- Installation of Sentinel Software, Sage Pay and PSconnect either on site or remotely including integration with EPOS Software. Provide training and support to end user. Test new versions of Chip & Pin Models.
- Perform an active role in the development of new technology e.g. iPad technology, handheld scanner, handheld wireless ordering fingerprint recognition and use skills to improve and take the company to the next level
Administrative support services
- Answer calls on the sales of peripherals and consumables if required.
- Liaise with administration staff regarding work done on site and billing requirements.
- Filing documents as required.
The post holder may be required to undertake other relevant services where he has the necessary skills.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good knowledge of MS Windows all versions, exchange server and being to troubleshoot the issues
- Proven Experience in working an epos system environment
- Strong fault finding and repair knowledge
- Demonstrate passion to work within Epos industry
- Eager to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.