Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: IT Support
Weekly Hours Worked: 30 hours pw
Salary: £4.15 – £5
Please contact Tom on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company sell solutions to business around UK and Europe. We are leading importers of ePos systems. We have in house developed epos software for Hospitality and retail sector. We also provide digital signage solutions and Online ordering websites specially designed to handle Fast Food online ordering. We established in 2016 and now proudly serving 1000s of customers in UK and Europe.
Brief job description:
The role is to assist customers via phone with 1st line IT support and help IT team with 2nd line support. The successful applicant will require excellent problem solving and analytical skills, evidenced via previous work experience would be great. You will also need a positive approach to new problems and be flexible and adaptable in providing to the business as required. Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team, to develop new technical efficiencies and solutions to the business is essential.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of: This is a great opportunity to work within a fast paced, dynamic environment. Working in a small team you will support colleagues and customers with IT support.
- Perform troubleshooting with end users via telephone, remote control and in person
- Take ownership of technical problems reported via the support process and see through to a quick resolution
- Install and maintain end user computing equipment i.e. desktop, laptop, and mobiles
- Create, maintain and update working documents such as asset/license registers, inventory documents and mobile phone lists
- Implementation and application of IT governance at various internal sites
- Assist in creating standard operating process in line with ITIL framework
- Work with clients to understand details of faults
- Resolving faults and explaining to the client the work you have carried out
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Fixing and maintaining equipment such as printers, computers, and epos systems.
- Assisting with system upgrades and setting up new devices
- Provide excellent customer service
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language, Maths & ICT)
- Experience of, or exposure to, user IT infrastructure: Windows environments (Windows 10), PC/laptop/printer/phones/peripheral hardware and networking component (routers/switches/access points).
- Basic networking experience
- Strong IT problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn
- Understanding of security concepts such as the principle of least privilege and access control to ensure company & customer data remains secure
- With an enthusiasm for IT, you will have a confident and outgoing personality, able to communicate simply and effectively to all members of staff and customers
- Articulate with good written and verbal communication skills, you are able to convey technical information to non-technical people
- Keen attention to detail
- Hardworking and Proactive
- Keenness to learn and develop within the role
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.