Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Working Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM Mon – Fri
Salary: £4.15 p/h (salary dependant on experience)
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company prides itself on providing a tailored solution for its clients. The company was formed in 1999 and the three principles have over 60 years’ experience in the IT industry. They all started working with main frames systems and then moved on to the Windows based server and desktop systems that are the norm in today’s IT. Two of the principles started their careers with a leading global money broker where system reliability was paramount. The third started his IT experience with an international laundry and dry cleaners where he successfully rolled out their change from a paper-based system to a fully computerized operation.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with an IT company based in Basildon, Essex.
This company are a looking for a bright, outgoing individual who enjoys IT not only as a career but also as a hobby. To provide first line helpdesk support to clients, assisting them with hardware and software problems, assist other staff where needed, assist with purchase of client equipment and carry out general office duties as required: filing, photocopying, answering the phone etc.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To provide 1st line technical support, answering support queries via phone, email and in
- To support users remotely
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all
- service management principles
- To take ownership of user problems and be pro-active when dealing with user issues
- To log all calls on the call logging system, and to keep call logs up to date
- To escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member
- Carry out daily client systems checks, reporting to the Office Manager
- Produce monthly reports on clients’ systems
- Update client configuration files
- Configure Hardware as required
- Other duties and responsibilities that
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- “Hands on” approach and a willingness to learn
- Willingness to research issues and fixes
- Flexible and pro-active approach
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to a deadline
- Ability to deal with staff and clients in a courteous, professional and effective manner
- An appreciation of the need for confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Flexible about working hours
- Clean driving licence
- Own transport
- Knowledge of programming techniques
- Exposure to Apple systems
- IT enthusiast
- Forward/progressive thinking
- Excellent communication skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.