Job Title: IT Support Technician Apprentice
Hours: 37.5hrs – 9am – 5:30pm – Mon – Fri
Pay: £170 per week (£8850 per annum)
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company is a privately-owned local company serving all areas across Hertfordshire and London with skilled engineers. Our service areas include Hertford, St Albans, Welwyn, Hadley Wood, Brookman’s Park and Radlett, as well as North West and Central London on our residential services and UK-wide on our commercial services.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Technician apprentice with a company based in Hertford.
The role will give great exposure for an apprentice. We have a proven record of developing apprentices and supporting throughout.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Taking and logging service calls for wireless networks
- Provide a professional and customer-focused service through the life cycle of each ticket; manage customer expectations by keeping customer informed of progress
- 1st line support for new queries
- Assist in producing wireless surveys
- Putting bids and quotes together for customers
- Administration of various in-house software
- Generic IT tasks for team / customers
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good IT knowledge
- Highly motivated, flexible and committed attitude toward service delivery
- Professional approach
- Wiliness to learn and develop your technology skills
Willingness to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions qualification with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Cisco IT Essentials
- Security & Legislation
- Core Technical IT Knowledge
- Methodologies & Principles
- Hardware or Software Pathway
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.