Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
Technical Support Apprentice
Working Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
Salary: £10,000 – £13,000
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company are a provider of IT services and solutions to a large range of customers throughout the UK. We partner with business to help design, implement and support a range of IT Solutions to enable our customers to operative more effectively. If you’re looking to join a modern, forward-thinking technology company, we’d love for you to join us.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Solutions Technician with a computer support and services based in Orpington.
As a technology business, we are always looking for energetic, forward thinking IT professionals to join us on our journey.
We don’t operate like many traditional VARs / MSP / IT providers, we operate with a flat culture and all get involved to help resolve our customers’ problems.
You will work in a shared environment, helping our customers with their day-to-day issues, as well as be involved in projects and deployments.
With a passion for support and helping others, you’ll be providing a range of support functions that in turn help deliver our highly reputable standard of customer service.
You should be a highly organised individual, with the ability to complete tasks with a high level of accuracy and agility and be committed to seeing every project through to it’s completion.
Communication should be one of your greatest strengths, and you should excel at being able to review a situation or project, take a fair and level-headed approach, and give input and assistance into producing the required business outcome.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Logging incoming support tickets via phone
- Assigning out tickets logged via the automated email ticketing system
- Assigning applicable categories and incident types to tickets
- Assigning applicable SLA’s to tickets
- Assigning tickets to available 2 nd line technicians
- Providing 1st line diagnostics “quick fixes” where appropriate
- To assist the Technical Support Manager/Supervisor and business with any IT related queries
We expect our engineers to have a willingness to learn the following:
- VMWare / Hyper V
- Windows Server 2016 / 2012 and 2008
- Active Directory, DHCP and DNS, TCP / IP
- Routers and Network Routing
- Network Infrastructure (Switches, Routers and Firewalls)
- MS Office Applications
- Office 365 Setup, Configuration, Migration and Management
- Cisco Networking Infrastructure
- Backup Technologies
- Windows 10 and Windows 7
- Group policy design, implementation and management
- VPN configurations and management
Our customers are located all around the UK, and in some instances, across the world. Although you will be predominantly on the support desk, you will be expected to travel occasionally to customer premises, with travel expenses, overnight stays and subsistence allowances provided.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The suitable candidate will have some IT experience, be competent in being able to handle IT issues and demonstrate an exceptional level of customer service.
Previous IT experience is essential, with certifications or qualifications desired. Attention to detail will be obsessive and ensuring communication lines and stakeholders are kept up-to-date is essential.
You will be a natural problem solver, looking at ways we can improve customer processes, systems and workflows.
You must have good general technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively. The aim to understand problems thoroughly so that you can explain solutions in simple language.
You must also be: –
- Computer Literate, and understand both Microsoft and Mac OS
- Have excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use own initiative, to be decisive and take responsibility for own actions
- Self-motivated, honest, and reliable.
- Empathetic and patient with people who are not equally technical/technically minded
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- CISCO IT Essentials
- Security & Legislation
- Core Technical IT Knowledge
- Methodologies & Principles
- Hardware Pathway
- Software Pathway
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.