Level 4 Network Engineer
Title – IT Network Engineer Apprentice
Locaton – West Midlands
Hours per Week – 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week
Salary – £15,000
Please contact Josh on Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
Being a small business ourselves we understand the challenges that our clients face, the long-term partnerships that we form with our clients are built on trust. Unlike larger companies, your support requests will not be passed between various departments with no one taking ownership of the problem. Every client is assigned an account manager who will become part of your team, other than in exceptional circumstances it will be your account manager who will take your calls, visit your offices and manage the resolution of any support calls.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Network Engineer apprentice with a company in there IT Department, based in Kniver.
To assist the IT Manager in maintaining the IT department and facilities and ensuring all internal customers receive a high level of IT Support. To go out off site to other clients and help with Networking trouble and issues.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Work on and off site and Networking Server Issues
- Dealing with computer errors and software issues as and when they occur
- Supporting staff with system errors
- Carry out ad-hoc duties as directed by the Head of IT
- To deliver and set up ICT & Media equipment and support technologies in meeting roomsWork with Google Analytics
- Some software development work as appropriate for the student
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software
- Building and re-building laptops and server systems on request
- Personal development of IT skills and capabilities
- Any other reasonable duty or request
- Completed IT Level 3 – Apprenticeship Qualification or Similar Equivalent
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- An effective problem solver with an aptitude for understanding processes and investigating issues
- Be good at IT and/ or enjoy working with computers and want to make it a career while training in an employed environment
- Learn better by a practical approach
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Good telephone skills
- Data input skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Applications including but limited to Office 2016
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong assessment skills
- A passion for providing excellent customer services at all times
- Strong communication skills with people at varying levels
You will have previous knowledge of Networking and will be able to trouble shoot Network Server issues.
E.g. – If a client’s server were to go down, would you know how to support and resolve these issues?
You will be highly technically aware, and ideally have understanding in areas including:
- Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems
- Core Microsoft server roles (Exchange, IIS, AD, DNS, DHCP, SharePoint)
- Provisioning and management of Office365 and Exchange Online.
- System virtualisation
- Backup technologies
- Server hardware maintenance and troubleshooting
- Hardware firewalls and router configuration
- System and network monitoring
- Endpoint protection technologies
Other desirable experience:
- SQL databases
- Apple Operating Systems and Hardware
- Have a keen interest in technology
- Bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook and strong team-working bias
- Excellent communication skills
- Skilled in identifying and balancing the needs of the individual, the client and the organisation, remaining calm under pressure, whilst maintaining the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Network Engineer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Network Principles
- Network Systems & Architecture
- Network Security
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.