Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: Infrastructure Technician
Salary: Apprenticeship Wage – £11,000 – £14,000
Please contact Josh on Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company is an established UK network which delivers outstanding workforce solutions, nursing, care and support to local communities, nationally.
We believe that our future success lies with the quality and performance of our network; our people and determination and drive to continually evolve to achieve our vision to become the market leader in the provision of healthcare services.
We are an award-winning company, simply driven to be the best company to work for in the UK.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with a company based in Telford, West Yorkshire.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and ideally, be able to demonstrate some previous IT systems administrator experience and have a desire to forge an exciting career in assisting to manage our internal IT network.
The successful candidate will be helping to administer and maintain the infrastructure to support the needs of the business with opportunities to support on IT projects and help to innovate the department as well as the wider company.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role; diagnosis and resolution of problems need to happen quickly. The apprentice main roles will be:
- Assisting with testing and maintaining,
- install/issuing in-house Kare Plusinformation,
- communication and technology-based systems, including all hardware, software, and networks.
Patience and communication with a variety of interdisciplinary teams, users and suppliers is required and the goal will be to ensure that our networks technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
The role will also require involvement in effective training of use of related IT systems and processes.
Job description: duties and responsibilities:
The ideal candidate for the role will be a talented and highly motivated individual with some experience in Software. You must be able to demonstrate basic IT literacy and a keen interest in a career in technology and applications and Software Development.
As an Apprentice System Administrator, you will perform
- Daily monitoring checks.
- verifying the integrity and availability of allhardware, network and server resources, systems and key processes,
- reviewingsystem and verifying completion of scheduled jobs, including backups.
Kare Plus is looking for an individual with some networking knowledge coupled with some commercial experience, scripting skills and proficiencies in a wide range of programming languages such as Microsoft SQL, which is Essential and VB.Net, ASP.Net, C# desirable in that order
If you are skilled in a range of programming languages including, ASP.NET, VB.NET, SQL, including C# programming
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook and strong team-working bias
- Excellent communication skills
- Skilled in identifying and balancing the needs of the individual, the client and the organisation, remaining calm under pressure, whilst maintaining the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop immediate credibility with all levels of staff and acquire an in-depth understanding of the business
- Diplomatic but with assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Confident in managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.