Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Job Title: Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Full Address: Bird Hall Lane , Stockport , Cheshire , SK3 0WZ
Weekly Hours Worked: 8:30am-5.30pm (40 hours)
Salary: £16,000.00 to £21,000.00 per annum
Please contact Tom at Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the Company
IT Help Desk Customer Care Technical Support / IT Technician
An opportunity has risen within a dynamic, social and fast Server/Cloud growing Business based in Maidenhead. The vacancy is for the position of a Trainee IT Technician who will be trained up on dealing with the Enterprise Server Solutions.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice to join DAI, a supply chain solutions company based in Maidenhead.
The jobs will open to candidate who maybe have a pursued interest in IT but haven’t had the job opportunity yet, those who have obtained college/university qualifications in a relevant subject and those who have had the hands on experience.
Typically, as this is a trainee role, the first 6 months will very much entail that of a Warehouse Operative. Reason being is that in the role is where you will learn about the company’s general operation, become familiar with deadline, their internal systems as well as gaining knowledge of their range of Server Related 2000 components.
An interest in IT is essential as there will be opportunities to progress within the business.
If you hold a great work ethic and are looking to join a business where a career can be made, then we’d love to hear from you.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure reported incidents are correctly logged and assigned, and accurately updated as the resolution progresses
- Initiate investigations into relevant incidents
- Communicate with the customer to understand the underlying issue and provide timely feedback
- Work proactively with colleagues across DAI to ensure prompt resolution of each incident according to SLA timescales.
- Provide support to colleagues through knowledge sharing and promoting knowledge sharing initiatives
- While you will be educated and supported on the job, an inherent aptitude to technical problem solving will be required.
- Experience in computer hardware repairs
- Working knowledge of network troubleshooting
- Comfortable with Windows Desktop and Server, and Linux
- Certifications desired but not essential
- Willingness to learn
- Continuously keen and enthusiastic to learn new things
- Want a career in IT
- Interested in IT and new developments and shown this through school and at home
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Tech qualification with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Networking & Architecture
- Business Processes
- Cloud Services
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.