Role: IT Infrastructure Support Engineer
Address: Suite 4, Wensley House, 9 Purdeys way, Rochford, Essex, SS4 1ND
Working Hours: Hours are typically Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays 8:30am – 6pm. Rotational/flexible shifts required to cover IT helpdesk early shift 8:30am-4:30pm and late shift 10am – 6pm with 1 hour lunch break.
Working hours are expected to be flexible and there may be a requirement for weekend work at times. Time off in lieu is offered when working overtime or at weekends
Salary: £700 p/m
Please contact Tom Lindley on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We are a I.T. company based in Essex consisting of I.T. Professionals who have worked and consulted in the I.T. industry for over 25 years. We specialise in I.T. services for businesses. Because of our vast experience we know how complex I.T. can be and we help to make I.T easy. In modern times I.T. is a necessity to help drive and grow your company / business but sometimes can be difficult to comprehend. We strive to make this easier for you to understand and look at the best solutions to help drive your company / business forward the right way. We provide highly skilled professionals at great business rates, working with you to provide a cost-effective I.T. service.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Infrastructure Support Engineer with Sweetbyte, an IT Company based in Rochford, Essex.
The role is essentially for 1st and 2nd line IT Support.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• IT helpdesk Support, logging calls and resolving issues over the phone with customers.
• Customer site visits to support customers related IT issues.
• Project work, Migrations and rolling out new IT infrastructure.
• Computer installation and configuration
• PC / Apple Mac Support
• IP Telephony support and configuration
• Backup checks and reporting
• Monitoring and Maintenance of customers IT systems
• Monitoring and Maintenance of customer Network Infrastructure
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• A true team player with the ability to work independently and understand the importance of their contribution.
• An ability to understand what is important and their contribution to the business
• Quality conscious and goes the extra mile for customers.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to detail.
• Logical and creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
• A genuine interest in technology.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Willingness to learn and develop in the role, with aspirations to progress in the field of IT.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask
• Organisational skills
• Communication skills
• IT skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt. Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• PC Fundamentals
• Business Processes & Customer Services
• Networking & Architecture
• Mobile & Operating Systems
• Cloud Services
• Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.