Company: Wastecare Group Ltd.
Title: Digital Marketing Apprentice
Full Address: Richmond House, Garforth, Leeds LS25 1NB
Working Hours: 9am – 5:30pm
Salary: £11 – 14k Per Annum DOE
Please contact Ciara Glynn on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
Established in 1980, the WasteCare Group now employs over 500 people based at 9 regional service centres and 7 recycling facilities throughout the UK. We collect and recycle over 200,000 tonnes of hazardous and difficult waste, on behalf of over 20,000 organisations annually throughout the UK. We’ve been recently listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for companies with the fastest growing profit and we’re looking to set our sights even higher in 2021.
Our growth and success are due to our commitment to providing our clients with a first-class service combined with the highest environmental standards. As a private company, we are continually investing in innovative technology and sustainable growth. This has enabled us to combine a deep understanding of our clients’ requirements with a uniquely flexible service that can be readily tailored to any organisational requirement, within an evolving market and ever-changing regulation.
To drive our growth, we are always looking for the best talent to join our teams across all our divisions. We are currently looking for an apprentice digital marketer to work from our office in Garforth, Leeds.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Digital Marketing Apprentice with Wastecare Group Ltd, based in Garforth.
As an apprentice we will introduce you to the varied activities within our marketing and communications function where you will gain hands on experience of delivering our communications, both internally to our colleagues and ultimately, our customers. This will include speaking to people around the business to elicit stories and news for our newsletters, writing email marketing campaigns and website copywriting.
You will be responsible for updating the website and creating content. This may include blog articles, copy updates and making sure we have appropriate images. As this will all have an impact on SEO, you’ll need an interest and an awareness of how copy written can impact search rankings. You will also work with our designer to help ensure that our tone of voice and imagery is maintained across all collateral and mediums.
You will be responsible for updating and managing our social media presence (currently Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn), reporting on our website, including traffic changes, conversion rates and search performance.
Where relevant we will Invest In you to obtain external training and qualifications to further your career either within WasteCare or beyond
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Effectively managing the organisations social media channels
• Creating and scheduling weekly posts across all social pages
• Assisting in the management of the website to maximise engagement
• Search Engine Optimization
• Engaging with the community / customer interaction across all social platforms
• Email campaign marketing
• Analysing campaigns progress and success
• Performing other duties as required
• Good grasp of the English language and be able to write well
• Good communication skills
• Outgoing personality – you’ll need to speak to people throughout the business and get a good understanding of what we do and be able to articulate it
• Interest in recycling and waste
• Possess strong analytical skills, ability to understand problems, ask questions, and present solutions support with data
• Be happy working in fast moving environment where priorities can change very quickly
• Strong work ethic
• Willingness to learn
• Creative thinker
• Keen interest for digital marketing and technology
• Personable and friendly
• Intelligent – Our business is complicated, and you’ll need to be able to pick things up quickly, even when they’re new concepts.
• Excellent attention to detail
• 5 GCSEs grades A* – C (Including English Language and Maths)
At the end of the apprenticeship, you will either be offered a full/part time role or given a full written reference. This is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate your skills and build your portfolio.
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt. Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• Website Software
• Principles of Coding
• Video & Imaging Software
• Keywords & Optimisation
• Digital Marketing Business Principles including E-Commerce Websites
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
• A genuinely interesting, varied and fast-moving work environment
• 30 days holidays including Bank Holidays
• Discounts on our recycled IT and domestic appliances
• Death in service benefit
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Performance based bonus scheme