Title: Apprentice Data Scientist
Company: Cognitive Business
Full Address: Cognitive.business Ltd, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, UK (company is fully remote working)
Weekly Hours Worked: 37
Flexitime (with core hours)
Please contact Tom Lindley on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Cognitive Business specialises in solving industrial problems using a combination of engineering-science, Machine Learning (A.I.) and software development. Cognitive is a UK leader in innovation in A.I. for offshore wind operations and maintenance.
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for a Data Analyst Apprentice with Cognitive Business, an artificial intelligence company which operates remotely.
Cognitive Business has a new opportunity for a motivated apprentice Data Analyst who will be joining the team at a very exciting time of growth and transition. Alongside gaining the skills you need for your new job role, you’ll be studying towards gaining a Level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship qualification. You’ll be supported by your line manager and the wider team at Cognitive Business to help support applications and data within the business.
Cognitive is a start-up/scale-up, offering the chance to grow and develop your skills working on real-world problems to develop solutions which will enhance the business and its products.
As an Apprentice Data Analyst, you will be integral to providing business insight and data solutions. You will be focussed on:
● Interpreting data
● Working with data in various types
● Working with databases
● Cloud Computing
● Coding (SQL, Python, with options to develop skills in C#, Node.js)
● Building Business Intelligence Displays
● Statistical analysis and machine learning analysis
● Other analytical techniques
● Tools and techniques for data visualisation
● Making recommendations and optimising processes
● A passion for data, machine learning, and analysis
● Excel/Sheets fundamentals
● Power BI fundamentals
● SQL/Python/C#/Node.js fundamentals
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Exceptional attention to detail
● Completer Finisher
● Ability to work with others in a team and to ask for help when needed
● Ability to problem solve using logical thinking
● The ability to troubleshoot issues
• 7 GCSEs grades A*- C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and at least a B/6 in Maths)
• A levels, ideally to include at least 1 in Maths (A*-B) and Physics (A*-B) or other relevant STEM subject.
• Must have passion
• Must strive to be exceptional
• Must demonstrate this through existing portfolio of relevant extracurricular activities
The role offers the opportunity to progress into a permanent position, and could provide a platform to obtain degree level education, whilst working.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands-on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt. Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will 0also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Data Analyst Standard with training in areas such as:
● Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
● Data Analysis Tools
● Data Analysis Concepts
● Data Analytics Software
● Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.