Level 4 Data Analyst
Working Hours: 37 hrs/ 52 Weeks per year.
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company is a further and higher education college in Blackburn, North West England..
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Data Analyst Apprentice with a college based in Blackburn.
Responsible to the ISRT Manager, working within the College’s reporting team, you will provide reports, data queries and analysis, along with a suite of dashboards. You will be expected to provide exceptional customer service to a range of customers and stakeholders. You will be required to complete a Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship Standard, within the duration of the contract.
Key Role Responsibilities (there are more!)
- Assist with providing first class reports and dashboards, as part of the college reporting and business intelligence strategy.
- Accurately and efficiently provide data analysis for ad hoc requests, across the college and also from external stakeholders.
- Provide comprehensive support to all members of staff, in relation to existing reports and their use thereof.
- Liaise with customers via the telephone, email and in person dealing with a range of matters in an efficient and appropriate manner. Follow up outstanding reporting team requests in order to provide an excellent customer service.
- Provide reports following the full project life cycle, from initial specification, to design, data source building. Producing the end report, with a strict testing regime.
- Ensure effective liaison and cross college working, dealing with enquiries in an efficient and appropriate manner.
- Familiarise with all college systems and data sources.
- Support college administrators in analysing and resolving data issues throughout the academic year cycle.
- Carry out periodic reviews of existing reports, data views and dashboards, so see where there may be improvements.
- Provide comprehensive support to staff and students, using the latest technologies to enhance the student experience.
- Develop an understanding of data capture systems, how the data is stored and accessed.
- Ensure effective liaison, cross college working and dealing with enquiries in an efficient and appropriate manner.
- Ensure your role meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act and Information Security Policy
- Ensure flexible working at peak times throughout the year.
- Support with key college processes, for example main enrolment, applications, exam results days (including Higher Education) and open evenings.
- To participate in appropriate staff development to maintain Continuous Professional Development including a commitment to working in line with the Matrix standard
- To positively contribute to a safe learning and work environment ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Safeguarding Policy and procedure
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Educated to degree level you will have strong IT skills and be an expert using MS Excel, you will be excited by data and have a logical and methodical approach to data analysis. At the very least you need to be outgoing with a strong focus on customer service. You will work well in a team being flexible and open to change when business demands require. You must have a strong work ethic working well under pressure with excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong MS Excel Skills
- Logical and methodical approach to data analysis
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Data Analyst Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Data Analysis Tools
- Data Analysis Concepts
- Data Analytics Software
- Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.