Level 4 IS Business Analyst
Job Title: Business Analyst (HRIS)
Employer: DMGT (Daily Mail & General Trust plc)
Full Address: Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, Kensington, London, W8 5TT
Salary: £21,000 – £25,000 Per Annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
DMGT manages a diverse, multinational portfolio of companies, with total revenues of around £1.2bn, that provide businesses and consumers with compelling information, analysis, insight, events, news, and entertainment.
On the consumer side, with origins as one of the UK’s most successful newspaper companies, we now have a large and engaged audience in the UK and globally. As the digital world changed the face of media, we extended the Daily Mail brand online, where it is one of the world’s most popular newspaper websites.
Our B2B businesses operate across three sectors: Insurance Risk, Property Information and Events & Exhibitions. They supply high-value data, analytics, and insights, as well as operating highly successful large-scale events, and account for approximately half of our revenues and over half of our profits.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to learn business analysis skills and apply them to the HR systems landscape. As part of this apprenticeship, you will:
– Understand end-to-end HR processes,
– Follow a structured training program on the IS Business Analyst apprenticeship,
– Apply your skills on a daily basis to systems change projects,
– Learn how to implement those changes in Workday, our HR system, and
– Learn stakeholder management as you work with individuals across multiple countries and companies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, technically minded individual, with outstanding communication skills to work with our businesses to advise and implement process changes, applying the knowledge you will gain in your studies. This apprenticeship offers transferrable skills into HR Systems Specialist roles, HR Generalist roles and IT Business Analyst roles.
What does a HR Business analyst at DMGT do?
We are looking for a someone to champion Workday, our HR system. We are looking for someone to support the ongoing development of the system, to fully utilise the full Workday suite of products.
– Provide technical support, identify, and troubleshoot system problems raised by our businesses.
– Recommend and plan future developments to the system when you see the opportunity for operational improvement.
– You will be acting as a specialized functional analyst, assisting on HR system projects and initiatives.
– You will ensure data integrity including quality, accuracy, security, and usability of employee data.
– Participate in reviewing, planning, testing and implementing system upgrades or patches
Essential Skills / Experience:
– An enthusiastic learner
– A technical, problem solving mindset
– Logical thinker with excellent communication skills
– Someone who is able to articulate technical concepts to non-technical people
– Excel & Data Manipulation skills
– 5 GCSEs A – C (9 – 4) or equivalent including Maths & English are essential
– 2 A Levels with grade C or above (desirable)
Training to be provided:
Find out more about our Level 4 IS Business Analyst apprenticeship programme.