Level 4 IS Business Analyst
Business Analyst Apprentice
Job Title: Software Developer Apprentice
Salary: £8 – £12k Per Annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
This company helps older and vulnerable people live with dignity in their own homes this by operating funds which enable local HIAs to provide a range of support including repairs and improvements to people’s homes.
This company distributes Corporate Social Responsibility and charity funds through the network of HIAs. These then deliver a fast and effective service by assessing the customers’ needs and carrying out the necessary work quickly and cost-effectively.
This company manages the delivery of these programmes, reporting to an independent board of trustees.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Development Technician with a charity based in Glossop.
Help us to understand the business needs for a new case management system.
Gather, identify and document their business requirements.
Explain technical jargon to non-technical/commercial people.
Simplify requirements, so they are easily understood across the whole team.
Carry out business process modelling and improving business processes.
Identify costs and business savings.
Help with testing and deploying the solutions we provide.
Support the business transition and help to establish change.
Create functional specifications for the new systems and processes.
Desirable Skills / Knowledge:
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV or D365/BC especially in areas of Finance, Sales and Purchases
- Experience of supporting batch file and real-time message-based interfaces to other applications
- Experience of working in an international organisation
- Ability to develop relationships with 3rd party suppliers and manage issues
- Ability to work with other support teams, suppliers and BCA staff in UK and mainland Europe
- Ability to prioritise and plan implementation of developments and maintenance of MS NAV
- Understanding of technology projects including software and infrastructure engineering
- Message Broker integrations using BizTalk and/or Azure Service Bus
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, Office 365, SQL Server, Jet Enterprise, Azure, PowerBI, Flow, SharePoint
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and traditional Project Management methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Be facilitative – must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to the teams
- Attitude of transparency – have the desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about delivery and grow business trust
- Enthusiastic and driven with a desire to succeed and to help others to succeed
- Excellent team player
- Situationally aware – notice differences and issues as they arise, resolve quickly or escalate when appropriate
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 IS Business Analyst Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Platforms and Tools
- Business Analyst Practice
- Business Process Modelling
- Requirement Analysis
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.