Software Development Trainer
Reports to: Training Manager (Software)
Working Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Estio Training are a rapidly expanding business with offices in the centres of Leeds, Manchester and London. Our strategically located training centres have enabled us to become one of the UK’s leading IT and Digital Apprenticeship providers. Our passion, drive and commitment to closing the digital skills gap across the UK permeates all departments in our business: We are looking for individuals with this shared passion to join our dedicated Delivery team to help tackle the skills gap head-on, one learner at a time. Our commitment to ensuring that our programmes serve both our client’s and our learner’s needs first has led to opportunities to deliver our apprenticeships to leading UK employers across a variety of sectors.
As a Technical Trainer you will be reporting directly to the Trainer Manager who leads the Software Delivery Team. The team is built up of both Trainers and Skills Development Coaches that specialise in the delivery of the Software apprenticeship standard. You will work in our training centres to deliver training to classes within the training centre, and also to deliver training remotely to learners with the use of our purpose-built studios within the training centre.
Technical Trainers are responsible for training learners as per the training schedule. You will be will be responsible for the delivery and continuous improvement of training programs; conducting needs assessments, executing training, and developing/enhancing materials as required.
You will work with the Training Manager and the rest of the Delivery Team to reach the businesses goals and objectives. Part of your role as a Trainer will include assisting the Skills Development Coaches in preparing learners for their End Point Assessment (EPA).
- Direct experience in a similar role
- Recognised teaching qualification (Essential)
- Should have good technology breadth and depth
- Good knowledge of DevOps and fundamentals
- Good Knowledge of Tools e.g. GIT, GIT Hub, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Jira
- Must have experience of using Azure to virtualise platforms/services and have worked within a company doing this.
- Full UK Driver Licence (Desirable)
- Good knowledge of Government funded Apprenticeship programmes
- Excellent knowledge of ILP and Review processes
- Knowledge of the Software Apprenticeship frameworks
- Knowledge of the Awarding Organisation requirements
- Good knowledge of the OfSTED Common Inspection Framework.
- Innovative approach to learning and clear grasp of modern training techniques
- Knowledge of progression routes to both HE and employment
- Good understanding of equality and diversity issues
- Knowledge of remote and e-learning delivery
- Excellent communication skills translating into the ability to teach, ability to design and create courseware, and the ability to learn new technology and tools quickly
- Positive and proactive
- Good planner and problem solver
- Able to enthuse others
- Able to identify and help learners to overcome potential barriers to progress and achievement
- Highly competent tutor who is able to mentor others
- Must demand high standards and set the bar through consistent and high quality personal approach
- Must be able to work at a detailed level
- Team player
- Working at all times lawfully and in accordance with our pre-defined regulatory, compliance and financial requirements e.g. Data Protection, Code of Conduct and Health and Safety. Working at all times in accordance with procedures, group/company policy and processes
- You must be willing to travel and where required stay overnight at required locations to ensure learners are progressed according to agreed timescale
- We will provide you with a company mobile phone & laptop
- 25 days of holiday per year
- We provide access to a designated pension scheme
- Ongoing CPD
If you are excited to start a new challenge, apply now: