Factsheet for employers of the benefits of apprenticeships
Read our Factsheet for Employers on the The Benefits of Apprenticeships
Apprenticeships are increasingly becoming an integral part of the recruitment strategy within many businesses. Over 130,000 businesses across the UK offer Apprenticeship places because they recognise their effectiveness at increasing productivity, improving business performance and ensuring a committed and competent workforce.
Recruiting apprentices enables employers to fill the skills gaps that exist within their current workforce as apprentices begin to learn sector specific skills from day one; developing specialist knowledge that will positively affect your bottom line.
In addition to eager, motivated staff who are committed to on the job training and development, industry research has highlighted numerous direct and indirect benefits of Apprenticeships for both recruiting new apprentices and for training your workforce:
- 80% Companies who invest in apprentices have reported a significant increase in employee retention
- 77% of employers believe Apprenticeships make them more competitive
- 76% of those employers who employ apprentices agree they make their workplace more productive
- 81% of consumers favour using a company which takes on apprentices
- Employers who take on a 16-18 year old apprentice only pay their salary. The Government will fund their training
- 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
- One in five employers are hiring more apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate.
- Apprenticeship programmes allow training to take part at the workforce with little disruption to business operations
- 59% report that training apprentices is more cost-effective than hiring skilled staff, with 59% believing that Apprenticeships lead to lower overall training costs and 53% feeling that they reduce recruitment costs
- In terms of the return on investment linked to Apprenticeships, 41% say that their apprentices make a valuable contribution to the business during their training period, while a further third (33%) report that apprentices add value within their first few weeks (or even from Day One)
- 57% report a high proportion of their apprentices going on to management positions within the company
- Over three-quarters of respondents expect apprenticeships to play a bigger part in their recruitment policy in the future
*Data compiled by the National Apprenticeship Service
An Estio IT Apprenticeship offers a cost-effective way to address current and future skills gaps in a business. Underpinned by government funding, the Estio Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands-on work experience whilst employed in a paid job with no cost or debt. Estio Training is one of the UK’s leading providers of quality IT Apprenticeships providing NEW Trailblazer IT Apprenticeships and Apprenticeship Levy expertise and advice.