Are you eligible for this Apprenticeship Grant for Employers?
Struggling to train your staff in the skills your business needs? Grants of up to £2500 are available to take on your first apprentice. It’s easy, and the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) will help you through the whole process.
For a limited time only, the LEP’s Apprenticeship Grant for Employers (AGE) supports businesses to recruit their first ever apprentice, aged 19-24, with financial support of up to £2,500 available.
Are you eligible?
- A core grant of £2,000 is on offer, allocated on a first-come, first served basis
- Businesses with 249or fewer employees within local authority areas of Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, Wakefield and York
- Have never offered apprenticeships before
- Apprentice started their training after 1 February 2019
- Are offering new employment as an apprenticeship opportunity to 19-24 year olds with associated apprenticeship training via a training provider approved by the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA)
- The Apprentices must be following a recognised Apprenticeship Standard or Framework
- Are paying the national minimum wage for the age of the apprentice from day 1 of their apprenticeship training (above the apprenticeship wage of £3.90). This equates to £6.15 per hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 per hour for 21 – 24 year olds.
An additional top-up grant of £500 is on offer if:
- The Apprenticeship is at level 4 or above as defined by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
If you’re eligible, act now!
For more information about the Grant, the application process and some Frequently Asked Questions can be found on our dedicated webpage or please feel free to contact the AGE team if you have any queries.
T: 0113 348 1818
For further advice on digital and IT apprenticeships, get in touch with our team today on 01133 500 333, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss hiring an apprentice.