Junior Financial Accountant – Leeds
Are you a recently qualified accountant or working towards your qualifications? Are you a motivated individual with a real interest in a career in accountancy who would like to work for an organisation where you can make a difference, then this role may be the ideal opportunity for you?
We are on the hunt for a Junior Accountant to work at our office based in Leeds. As a Junior Accountant you will be responsible for transactional finance including taking a leading role in the month end close process.
- Assisting with general ledger production including posting monthly journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations including prepayments and accruals
- Prepare variance analysis to budget/ prior periods
- Daily bank reconciliations and invoice processing.
- Credit control
- Accounts payable including preparing monthly payment run
- Assist in month end and year end close process including annual audit
- Support operations and Credit Controller with ad-hoc queries and reporting
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
If you are interested in applying, then we are looking for someone who as:
- Experience in credit control/ accounts payable
- Understands General Ledger
- Experience of working in a Small to Medium sized organisation
It is essential that the right person has the following skills:
- Proactive, take ownership of tasks and continuously improve process.
- Polite and professional telephone manner
- Interpret data for reporting functionality
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail.
Accountancy qualifications or working toward accountancy qualifications would be desirable but is not essential.
We’re a multi-award-winning specialist provider of digital and tech apprenticeships, passionate about creating opportunity for anyone wanting a successful career in IT. From new talent just starting their career to experienced talent taking it to the next level, we believe everyone has the potential to be excellent. That’s why we strive to create it every day. Over 1,200 apprentices learn with us each year, building the ever-growing digital knowledge and skills required by today’s employers. Using a personalised and supportive training approach, our team of Industry expert trainers, work hand-in-hand with learners to meet their individual learning needs and create a technology-led and interactive learning experience. Across our group of nationwide training centres in Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham and London, we’re committed to one thing – making a difference. Whether that’s for our learners, employers or each other, it’s our united and inclusive approach that makes it happen. It’s where our strength comes from.
We have one purpose. We build skills for better futures.