Level 3 Software Development Technician
£9,000 to £12,000 per annum depending on experience
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We’ve been around since 2008
We’ve been making websites, apps and digital marketing campaigns that make a difference since 2008 but our team’s experience goes way back to the 90’s and the days of Friends Reunited, Nokia phones and Napster!
Our studio is on Swinegate, right in the centre of York. It’s a beautiful place to work and we have some fantastic businesses here. We have access to great talent and lots of other companies to collaborate with. York’s economy is really diverse – being driven by tourism, education, FMCG and science & innovation.
Attractive web design is not enough. We want to make sure our work actually makes a difference for our clients. Each of our clients want slightly different things and they trust in us to deliver the goods. That’s what keeps it interesting.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Web Developer with a Design Company based in York.
We’re looking for an apprentice web developer to join our team and learn the ropes.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Working in a small team to plan, design, code, and maintain websites and web applications for our clients
- Integrating front-end templates with Python/Django/Wagtail CMS platforms
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Personal Skills & Qualities:
- Talent and enthusiasm
A relevant qualification
- Readiness to learn professional skills and processes
- Willingness to work collaboratively
- Working examples of code you’ve written
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.