Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
Title: Technical Support Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5
Salary: £12,500 to £15,000 pa based on experience
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This comapany specialise in implementing and supporting Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions in the Legal, Banking, Professional Services, and other markets. As proud partners of iManage for over fifteen years, we specialise in Document and Email Management, with our work predominantly involving the iManage Worksite suite of ECM products. Helping clients manage their documents, emails, and other content. We also use other software such as DocsCorp and DocAuto, which we also support.
We require a Technical Support Apprentice to help build and strengthen the support services we offer. Partially based from our Norwich office, and working from home, the role will involve a variety of activities with tasks across software, systems analysis, and other general customer support. Other project objectives will also be set from time to time, to allow the role to develop further. Full on-the-job and some external training will be offered. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship a conditional offer may be made for a full time, permanent role as a Technical Support Trainee, with a view to progress into a Support Engineer role.
A drive to go above and beyond to provide an outstanding service to our customers is key to the role. The successful applicant will need to be a “self-starter” with a positive attitude, excellent communication and time management skills. General technical knowledge and a passion to grow both this understanding, and other skills, is required. A methodical approach in tandem with strong problem-solving skills are also essential. Occasional business travel to assist clients on-site with system rollouts may be required.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Customer service and call handling
- Issue diagnosis
- System customisation
- Identifying and developing internal solutions
- MSSQL database analysis and development
- VBA scripting/Macro development
- Databases (MSSQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Web-Application Servers (Apache, IIS, Tomcat, XAMPP)
- Exchange server (on-premise and/or Office 365)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Programming Languages (VBA, Python, C#)
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems and Windows Server Operating Systems (Server 2008-2019)
- Hosted RDP solutions (Nutanix, Citrix, Microsoft RDS)
- Helpdesk CRM/Ticketing software
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- (Desirable) A higher qualification within an IT related subject.
Skills Required (Essential/desirable skills, knowledge and Qualifications):
- Basic/intermediate knowledge of software and hardware
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong numeracy/literacy skills
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to prioritise effectively
- Work constructively as part of a team
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided by Estio:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- BCS Security and Legislation
- BCS Core Technologies
- BCS Methodologies and Principles
- Hardware or Software Option
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.