Level 3 Software Development Technician
Job Title: Systems Development Apprentice
Employer: Sertec Group
Full Address: Wincaster House, Highway Point, Gorsey Lane, Coleshill, Birmingham, B46 1JU
Salary: £13,740 per annum
About the company:
Sertec Group are one of the leading UK automotive engineering companies.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Level 3 Software Development Technician with Sertec Group, an Automotive Engineering Company based in Central Birmingham.
To support with business analysis, software design, application development, implementation support and on-going technical support for all of the corporate ERP software applications, written mainly in the Rapid Application Development tool, PRO-IV.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Support with providing business analysis, software design, application development, implementation support and on-going technical support for all of the corporate ERP software applications, written mainly in the Rapid Application Development tool, PRO-IV.
- Meet with end users to discuss opportunities, feasibility and benefits of new application developments.
- Research and reverse-engineer current processes where applicable, and identify improvements and cost savings that can be made from implementing new software applications or modules.
- Support with specification(s) of new software modules and produce documentation if required.
- Support with designing, building and beta-testing software. Regularly developers will be expected to test each other’s software.
- Present prototype versions, and finished applications to end users.
- Support with training key users in use of the application, preparing any useful documentation that may be required.
- Support with providing on-going technical support for applications, with software modifications being made where necessary.
- Continually grow their technical expertise in PRO-IV and any other languages or technical areas that may be relevant to particular systems developments.
- Helping with first and second tier support queries.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience of programming
- Passion for development
- Team Worker
- High attention to detail
- Forward-thinking with drive and determination
- Demonstratable analytical & solution design skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently where needed
- Logical approach to problem solving and strong troubleshooting skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.