Level 3 Software Development Technician
Software Development Technician Apprentice
Mon – Fri 9 AM – 5 PM
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company draws upon over 25 years of IT & Business Experience across multiple market sectors to bring best in class solutions to you.
We pride ourselves in not selling tech but creating solutions, that is why so many businesses come to us for help so whatever your idea is or the problem you are dealing with we know we can help you achieve success.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Development Technician Apprentice with an IT company based in Ipswich.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Working on existing software systems
- Learning the entire development process
- Providing software support when needed
- Taking part in team meetings
- Learning about databases
- Learning about mobile apps
- Learning about websites and web portals
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Passionate and curious about software development
- Eager to learn and importantly willing to put in the effort required to improve
- Motivated by challenges and keen to implement new techniques and technologies
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid communication skills, being able to communicate with both technical and non-technical people
- Team player
- Good timekeeping
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.