Level 4 Software Tester Apprenticeship
Salary: £12-16K DOE Per Annum
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 300
About the company:
Established in 2019, this company creates software entertainment and tools, currently with two products in production. One of which is a computer game due out early next year through its games subsidiary ,the other is a mobile app that has not yet been announced.
The successful candidate will be initially working through the existing game, creating a list of Test Cases to better define the parts of the product that will be tested via automated tests. This will start at a higher level of the game from a gameplay perspective and will progress into writing tests for the code, Pair Programming with developers where the tests are being written prior to the code that will complete the tasks for Test Driven Development.
They will also be required to perform manual testing tasks and produce reports that can be brought back to the developers to guide them on what things do not work as expected.
Day to day duties will also include:
- The apprentice would be initially working through our products.
- creating a list of Test Cases to better define the parts of the product that will be tested via automated tests.
- This will start at a higher level of the game from a gameplay perspective and will progress into writing tests for the code, Pair Programming with developers where the tests are being written prior to the code that will complete the tasks for Test Driven Development.
- Can program at least to a basic level – simple console application, basic website without much functionality, etc.
- Has SOME experience with testing frameworks (JUnit, Jasmine, NUnit, Jest, etc. – they would be using NUnit and UnityTest but the underlying concepts is the more important thing)
- Have an interest in working in games
- Knowledge of the sector.
- Good Written English Skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a small team demonstrating initiative by taking ownership of projects and contributing new ideas.
- Ability to build relationships.
The experience required for the Marketing Apprentice role is:
- 5 GCSEs grades A* – C (Including English Language and Maths)
At the end of the apprenticeship you will either be offered a full/part time role or given a full written reference. This is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate your skills and build your portfolio.
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Testing Tools (Part 1)
- Testing Tools (Part 2)
- Testing Concepts (Part 1)
- Testing Concepts (Part 2)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.