Level 4 Software Tester
Apprenticeship Title: Apprentice Test Analyst
Weekly Hours worked: Monday – Friday 9-5:30 with possibility of an evening shift
Salary 10k P/a
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Right now, bars, pubs and clubs all over the world are using our products to simplify business and deliver great customer service.
It all starts with BarTab, our pub epos system which brings together compatible products like iPad menus, self-serve beer taps and ordering & loyalty apps.
Each new product works seamlessly with BarTab – and when we find great products created by other companies, we integrate with them too. And we’re so determined to deliver products that really work, we bought our own pub in London – the Thirsty Bear – where we test and trial with real staff and real drinkers on real nights out.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Test Analyst with a company based in Wakefield.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, fast growing company, developing cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for a passionate, ambitious and dedicated apprentice test analyst to join our team.
Testing is currently performed by a multi-function team and we are looking for a talented individual who is able to help support the board in building out testing as its own key function within the business.
You will report into the board and will have the opportunity to advance rapidly within the company should you demonstrate the required attitude, work ethic and ability.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Gain a thorough and in-depth knowledge of the company products and systems
- Attend meetings to keep up to date with new requirements and developments
- Write test cases & test scripts
- Execute test scripts
- Check test execution & results from testing by other members of the team
- Test new system builds prior to installation
- Build-out existing and new regression test packs
- Run automated test packs
- Maintain and improve automated test packs
- Identify gaps in testing and work to resolve these
- Recreate live issues and test fixes
- Continuously work to improve your own knowledge of testing
- Continuously work to improve the test function within the business
- You may be required to assist the support team with 1 -2 first line support shifts per week to gain first-hand experience of live issues and assist with support coverage
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- Experience using Excel and/or Google sheets
- Experience with and passion for technology
- T. qualifications an advantage
- Experience in the software development cycle preferred
- Any testing experience an advantage but not expected
- Above all else you should be passionate about the role and have a strong drive to succeed
- Good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to work alone and in a team
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Testing Tools (Part 1)
- Testing Tools (Part 2)
- Testing Concepts (Part 1)
- Testing Concepts (Part 2)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.