Level 4 Software Tester
Hours – 37.5 hours per week
£12 – £15k dependant on experience
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the Company
This company is a software house providing systems to insurance brokers. We integrate with major household names like Compare the Market, Experian and LV=. This company has about 25 staff, of which around half are developers, who work alongside small test, business analysis, and management teams.
Brief Job Description:
The Software Tester will be responsible for the successful end to end testing of our solutions prior to deployment into production environments. They will also be responsible for investigating bugs, issues and problems that may be identified in the production environments.
Typical day to day duties include:
- manual testing to identify bugs in systems
- writing test cases
- liaising with the test lead to give visibility of reported faults and progress
- learning about technical configuration and DB scripting
- learning about testing best practices
- testing large insurance integration clients such as LV= and GoCompare
In addition to the key role responsibilities outlined above, all staff are required to undertake the following responsibilities in adherence with company policies:
- Maintain a high quality of communications internally and externally;
- Carry out any reasonable job-related task requested;
- Implement and act in accordance with companies information security policies;
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference;
- Execute responsibilities in line with security processes or policies;
- Adherence at all times to confidentiality clauses set out in employment contract particularly with regards to the handling of sensitive data and information;
- Attend training courses provided by the company and maintain awareness and adherence to company policies and processes;
Key Competencies /Skills
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of insurance terminology
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work well with people
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with insurer clients
- Methodical, logical mind
- Enthusiasm for continual learning
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Salary / Benefits
- Salary dependent on experience and interview
- Holiday 20-22 days per year depending on experience and interview
- Pension scheme with People’s Pension matched to 8% of salary
- Training budget of 12 days paid leave and £3,000 per year for courses
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Testing Tools (Part 1)
- Testing Tools (Part 2)
- Testing Concepts (Part 1)
- Testing Concepts (Part 2)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.