Level 4 Software Tester
Apprentice Software Tester
Salary: £16-18k per annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or 01133500333
This company is a specialist management consultancy, focussed on procurement and supply chain. There is currently c.430 employees globally, with exciting plans to continue to grow rapidly over the coming years.
This companies digital function build and deliver a range of dynamic cloud applications to a portfolio of cross-industry clients, complementing the core procurement and supply chain consultancy business. Successful applicants will join a growing team of over 50 technology consultants, solution architects, software engineers, testers, data visualisation experts and technical & customer support staff – all working to build cutting edge applications to solve complex procurement and business problems for our client base.
This company was established 20 years ago in London and 3 of our founding partners are still part of the business today. It is for this reason that the company maintains its start-up feel and encourages creativity and entrepreneurship. Since then we have opened offices across MENA, Europe and the US. We are a truly international organisation with over 30 different languages spoken. The firm places a high value on its employees and offers great training and development opportunities, to help with career progression.
We are looking for a Junior Test Apprentice to join our Agile Development team. You’ll be involved in all phases of software development projects from writing tickets to testing code and will have exposure to different technologies.
We’re looking for an individual with a real passion for testing; wants to work in a talented development team on exciting projects; along with a real drive to use the latest technologies to create innovative products.
- Reviewing requirements to ensure they meet QA standards
- Ensuring traceability is maintained through day to day testing
- Testing of new and existing features and/or services required by the business
- Working closely with developers in a modern agile development environment
- Participating in daily stand-up meetings, retrospectives, and other agile procedures
- Writing bug reports and updating issues using our chosen issue management software
- Perform manual testing
- Perform API testing
- Brilliant communication skills
- Must be computer literate with an enthusiasm for IT and technology
- Have strong organisational and time management skills – be able to multi-task and be a problem solver
- Previous test experience or exposure to testing
- An understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- A Technology/Maths qualification
- Motivated and eager to learn
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Must have a can-do attitude with ability to work under pressure, be enthusiastic and proactive
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths) is desirable but not essential.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Investigating and Defining Customer Requirements
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Testing Fundamentals
- Testing Tools
- Testing Concepts
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.