Level 4 Software Tester
Apprenticeship Title: Assistant Software Tester
Weekly Hours worked: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Salary: £11,830 p/a
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company is a Managing General Agency owned by the Hannover Re Group. Based in the UK, this company focuses on delivering a consistently high-quality customer experience and is committed to achieving service excellence.
This company is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and offers homeowner insurance products exclusively through selected insurance brokers and intermediaries and is also a specialist church and related commercial insurance provider under the Congregational brand for over 125 years..
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Assistant Software Tester with an insurance company based in Bradford.
The role will support the software tester to undertake the testing processes for software changes across the business
Using structured testing techniques, the assistant tester will assist in designing test conditions and carrying out reviews on test requirements.
The assistant tester will assist in the analysis and creation of test plans and test data, as well as recording test results and helping to maintain test records.
The role will require liaison with teams across the business and with external software partners to ensure that testing processes are delivered to a high standard.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Work with the software tester to review software testing requirements, checking feasibility and validity
- Prepare test scripts and scenarios subject to requirements
- Execute tests in accordance with predefined scripts
- Support users to undertake user acceptance testing
- Accurately record test results and assist in maintaining test records and results for projects
- Detect defects and inconsistencies, raising any issues to the relevant project team
- Assist with the interpretation of test results and report defects
- Maintain a sound knowledge of technology, systems, and processes to understand testing scenarios and processes
- Personal integrity with the ability to ensure confidentiality of information, as governed by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Promote and adhere to Treating Customers Fairly culture at all times
- Promote and demonstrate the Company Values and Culture
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- 2 or more A levels or equivalent
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time and workload
- Good written and verbal communication skills and be able to present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A good working knowledge of PCs, associated operating systems and devices as well as the Microsoft Office toolset
The aim of the apprenticeship is to work towards the BCS foundation level software tester qualification. The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester standard with training in areas such as:
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Testing Tools (Part 1)
- Testing Tools (Part 2)
- Testing Concepts (Part 1)
- Testing Concepts (Part 2)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.