Level 3 Software Development Technician
Job Title Software Engineer Apprentice
Salary: Apprentice rates with a view to increase as appropriate.
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Software development company with 2 main products aimed at the property maintenance and mortgage market. We also do bespoke software projects for other industries.
We’re putting a lot of effort into growing over the next 5 years.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Engineer Apprentice with a Software Company based in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex.
Assist with the ongoing development, migration and support or our main products as well as getting involved with the development of new projects,
Our primary development language for the Windows desktop platform is C#.
Mobile applications, Android based, use Java although we’re moving over to C# / Xamarin.
We also have legacy systems written in VB6 which we’re slowly migrating to C#.
Backend database is SQL Server.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Liaising with our customer and giving feedback regards project progress and direction.
- Assisting with other projects and support when necessary.
- More interested in the ability to demonstrate a love of software development.
- We’re not looking for experts here, we’re looking for someone who wants to learn and can learn fast.
- Able to work from own initiative
- Proactive mindset
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.