Level 4 Software Developer
Apprenticeship Title: Junior Software Engineer
Location: Devon, England
Working Hours: Weekly Hours worked: 37.5
Please contact Darcy on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We develop technological platforms that allow people to work, live and thrive together through collaboration. We believe that collaboration through technology is the key to solving the big things that matter like:
- Protecting the environment
- Improving health
- Creating vibrant communities
- Enhancing safety and security
- Providing dynamic workplaces
We believe anything is possible. Our team are highly motivated visionaries who can see the horizon whilst simultaneously being able to roll their sleeves up and deal with the detail.
We all strongly believe in what we do, and only engage in projects that make a difference.
Primarily focused on coding, supporting and working with the CIO to develop revolutionary software that drives our new platforms and applications.
Also working on web site developments and ecommerce store fronts through established and our own web shop platforms.
Some online marketing.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Coding on work packages as defined and supervised by the CIO
- Developing web shops as directed
- Managing foresaid web shops once up and running
- Establishing social media platforms
- Some social media marketing as directed
- Assisting local merchants establishing their social media
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Flexible and able to support out of hours when required
- Trustworthy with a strong sense of personal ethics
- Positive, professional attitude and passionate about improving the business
- Dynamic, highly motivated and ambitious
- Adaptable crazy thinkers who can work as part of a fast-moving team
- Computer Science Degree ideal
- Azure experience ideal
- Experience in web site development
- Experienced in social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for both organic and paid ads.
- Basic understanding of SEO (Google Adwords etc.)
The role offers the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Applicants to provide:
- Examples of any projects undertaken relevant to the role
- Two letters of reference
- Covering letter
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Creative Problem Solving
- Software Development Methodologies
- Human Computer Interaction
- Software Testing Fundamentals
- Software Language
- Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.