Level 3 Software Development Technician
Software Development Apprentice
Mon – Fri 9 AM – 5:30 PM
Please contact Annie on Annie.Bruce@estio.co.uk or call 02033558810
About the company:
We’re in the business of making. We invent category defining user experiences, products and services for some pretty awesome brands. We take nothing for granted and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and ask the difficult questions.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Developer Apprentice with a Software Company based in London.
The ideal candidate will first and foremost have a real passion for learning. The software industry moves quickly, and the successful software developers are the ones that thrive by educating themselves in this ever-changing field. Software developers often work outside of their comfort zone as they strive to improve, the ideal candidate will not be scared by this but rather be eager to take on the challenge.
Pride in your and your team member’s work is important as it a keen eye for detail. Software development is all about the detail!
If you have any prior experience of software development, we’d love to hear about it, GitHub or links to personal projects are welcome. However, if you’ve not had the chance to delve into the world of software development just yet, don’t be put off – the character of a person is what makes a good developer, not just what they already know.
Our happy, motivated, experienced team are on hand to educate and mentor the successful candidate, all we ask for in return is hard work, a thirst to improve and an open mind.
You will gain experience using C# and the .Net framework, developing and executing new features on websites whilst constantly looking for ways to improve. You will be using your newly learnt back-end skills to create innovative solutions across differing platforms with the correct level of guidance and support along the way.
We are also looking for this role to work with our User Experience team to help them implement Google Tag Manager and Optimize campaigns for our clients.
You’ll be involved at all stages of the development life-cycle and will work collaboratively with the other technical team members as well as the creative team, project managers and where appropriate, our clients.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Passionate and curious about software development
- Eager to learn and importantly willing to put in the effort required to improve
- Motivated by challenges and keen to implement new techniques and technologies
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid communication skills, being able to communicate with both technical and non-technical people
If you have some experience with these already then great. Otherwise you’ll gain these skills through training and exposure:
- C# language
- Experience with the .Net framework (Full Framework and .Net Core)
- Entity Framework (EF6 and EF Core)
- Web API / Rest APIs
- Skill developing with CMS frameworks such as EpiServer, Umbraco
- Comfortable testing own work to ensure that products are up-to-standard before being released
- Proficiency in basic front-end development
- Working in an Agile (working from user stories, acceptance criteria etc.) environment
- Knowledge of Git version control
- Developing responsive UI designs
- Proficient with HTML5 (Web accessibility, A11Y, WCAG)
- Cross browser/device testing to ensure that products are up-to-standard before being released
- Experience working with graphic design files such as Photoshop (PSD), SVG and Illustrator (Ai)
- Knowledge of client-side build steps such as Gulp, Webpack
- Exposure to content management systems (CMS) (We use EpiServer and Umbraco)
- HTML Email builds & testing.
- Google Tag Manager and Optimize
- Team player
- Good timekeeping
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.