Level 3 Software Development Technician
Apprentice Software Developer
Working Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
Salary: £15,000 Per annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This company designs, manufactures and sells air conditioning units an systems into industrial and commercial applications. We are based in Leeds, West Yorkshire and have home based employees throughout the UK. We employ around 500 people in the UK.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Developer with a Manufacturing Company based in Leeds).
Working within the applications development team as part of a fast pace IT department the position is responsible for the day-to-day support and the on-going development of the bespoke applications developed solely in-house. The position will gain experience working across the full C# .Net software development lifecycle from front to backend on desktop in-house applications and will receive external training along with mentoring from a close-knit cross-functional team.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Support end users of the in-house developed applications, gaining a strong understanding of application maintenance and support processes
- Expand experience by working within the development team to test, develop to specification, and ultimately contributing to design in order to deliver business critical solutions
- Work with end users to identify opportunities for improvement of current and future applications
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Proven work history (part or full-time)
- Good mathematics capabilities
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- AS/A-Level or equivalent qualifications
- Keen attention to detail
- Great organisational and communication skills.
- Hardworking and Proactive
- Keenness to learn and develop within the role.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.