Job title- Web Developer Apprentice
Company- Safetech Ltd
Full Address- 479 London Rd, Westcliff-on-Sea, Southend-on-Sea, Westcliff-on-Sea, SS0 9LG
Weekly Hours Worked- 9am-5:30pm
Please contact Josh Ankers on Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We are one of the fastest growing WEB and SEO companies in Essex. We are honest, integral and pride ourselves in assisting our clients to achieve outstanding business results. We want YOU to be part of that!
Our client is seeking an Apprentice Web Developer/Designer, who is ready to develop their software development skills for a career in Web Development. You will work closely with the Project Managers in the Development Team, to design and develop website for other companies. You will learn how to design and development websites, aiming to complete multiple website sign offs on a weekly basis.
Main role and responsibilities
- Liaising with project managers and clients to fully understand the project directive
- To design and develop websites on the most popular platforms e.g. WordPress and WooCommerce
- Exploring the newest trends for website design and development, to help keep our product and service up to date
- Using front-end languages such as HTML, CSS and PHP
- Helping to update, support and maintain hundreds of current client websites
- Ensure quality control checks are completed so that there are no bugs or issues in website presentation or operation
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Basic knowledge of WordPress, WooCommerce and Magento
Basic Knowledge of Adobe software, primarily Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience designing websites, logos and various graphics
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office Software (or similar software): Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be able to listen to what the brief is, comprehend it and question it if so required
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Able to work with a team and pick things up quickly in a fast paced environment
- A people person, first and foremost, easy to work in team and client environment with good written and verbal communication skills
- Good spelling and grammar is a must
- A technology enthusiast, our clients are all in this space and a little bit of understanding goes along way to making our clients feel special
We offer the right candidate a competitive salary dependent on experience, as well as high level of support and autonomy coupled with good long-term career prospects.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Context and methodologies
- Software development fundamentals
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.