Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Job Title Infrastructure Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 9:00am – 17:00pm – Mon – Fri – Some Saturdays
Salary: Apprenticeship Rate £10,000 – £12,000 (dependent on experience) + Benefits: Access to additional internal training.
Please contact Josh on Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
Since we were first established in 1984 this company have gone from strength to strength and now operate from 6 outlets in the UK.
They believe in wellness and enjoyment and their product range is designed to enable you to create inspiring outdoor havens that you and your family will enjoy for years to come.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with a company based in Tamworth.
Do you love technology? We are looking for someone who has excellent communication and customer service skills. Working within the support team, the successful candidate will provide first line support to customers on a range of technical issues.
You will learn and develop your skills through hands on experience, supplemented by completing technical qualifications as part of the apprentice scheme. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic IT-oriented individual to develop their skills within a fast-paced and exciting environment.
The ideal candidate for the role will be a talented and highly motivated individual with some experience in IT. You must be able to demonstrate basic IT literacy and a keen interest in a career in technology and applications.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- You will need to be able to provide excellent customer service and have great problem solving skills as you will be trying to resolve IT problems as they come in
- Using the company’s ticketing system, you will escalate issues you are unable to resolve over the phone through to the second line support team/engineers
- There is potential for progression within the business on successful completion of your apprenticeship
- Due to the location of the role, the ability to drive and use of transport is an advantage, although transport could be provided for the successful candidate depending on location
- Work as first line support (with guidance) for our employees, responding to incoming telephone and email requests, as well as utilising our new IT ticketing system.
- Liaise with outsourced IT providers where appropriate
- Assist where necessary in the installation, upgrading and maintenance of all hardware and software across all sites
- Set up workstations including any necessary peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, mobile phones etc.
- Periodically check workstations to ensure optimal performance and report any issues
- Keep up to date with new technologies and changes to operating systems/applications and assisting users when updates are issued
- Be involved with new systems development and replacement applications
- Assist with database reporting and cleansing
- Use an escalation process, manage user issues in line with 3rd Party IT provider agreements
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Team Player
- Ability to learn and adapt very quickly
- Basic knowledge on coding
- Basic understanding of a wide range of hardware (printers, laptops, monitors, cabling etc) and some basic software
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong assessment skills
- A passion for providing excellent customer services at all times
- Strong communication skills with people at varying levels
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows operating systems & Microsoft Office
- Database experience (an advantage)
- Good communication skills and telephone manner
- A passion for IT and be motivated to learn and develop.
- Problem solving experience with the ability to think independently and have a desire to see a task completed to the end.
- The determination to achieve to the best of your ability, with the commitment to provide excellent customer service
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.