Level 3 Software Development Technician
Job Title Software Development Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 9:00am – 17:00pm( Mon- Thurs) 9:00am – 3:00pm (Friday )
Please contact Jess on Jessica.Bird@estio.co.uk or call 01213121708
About the company:
We design and build beautiful digital solutions for the jewellery industry that make a difference. With over 20 years of experience we know what details make the difference.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Development Technician with a specialised consulting company who are advocates for changing the way organisations manage complexity and utilise the latest thinking, techniques and improvements in managing the delivery of valuable ideas to market to meet strategic goals and objectives.
Do you have a passion for Coding and Web Design? Would you like to learn more about Software & Web Development?
Estio Training are excited to be recruiting for an Apprentice Software Developer to join their team in Dudley!
In your Software Developer Apprenticeship, Learn how to code in multiple different languages, code for websites, mobile, applications and more. Test and maintenance of software systems. You will work closely with an experienced Software Development Manager who will teach you and help you to develop the skills you want and deserve.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Research, develop & test software code
- Write working code for a simple software component
- Using a range of communication methods to explain the function of software
- Apply tools and techniques to solve programming problems
- Develop a new website/portal for the business to use internally
- Code in different languages
- Review the current systems
- Maintain and test software systems
- Writing code for different programs with a team
- Be involved in Web and Software developing
- App design and development
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Team Player
- Ability to learn and adapt very quickly
- Basic knowledge on coding
- Basic understanding of a wide range of hardware (printers, laptops, monitors, cabling etc) and some basic software
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong assessment skills
- A passion for providing excellent customer services at all times
- Strong communication skills with people at varying levels
- Bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook and strong team-working bias
- Excellent communication skills
- Good punctually
- Skilled in identifying and balancing the needs of the individual, the client and the organisation, remaining calm under pressure, whilst maintaining the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop immediate credibility with all levels of staff and acquire an in-depth understanding of the business
- Ability to convey decisions and requirements succinctly and appropriately
- Diplomatic but with assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Confident in managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.