Level 3 Software Development Technician
Job Title: Software Developer Apprentice
Salary: £15,000 Per Annum
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
Since our launch back in 1982 we have taken the sports retail world by storm. With over 500 stores both at home here in the UK and in over 22 countries as well as a full multi-channel retail website – we are still growing. Here at we pride ourselves on progression and development of our staff and many of our staff at Head Office have joined us from other areas of the business and have been here for a number of years. In the current retail world that’s quite unique and we invite you to be a part of it.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Development Technician with a Retail Company based in Mansfield.
We are currently searching for a dot.net Developer to join us in our IT department. You could work on automated solutions for our warehouse, analytical forecasting systems for our buying teams, developing new features for our EPOS system, developing in-store applications and kiosks for our retail team, and much more. We are a very data oriented company therefore strong sql and database programming skills are a must.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Demonstrate analytical and programming skills across a range of platforms.
- Ability to interpret requirements into working code.
- Continually improve skills, utilising provided training materials, and seek to expand business knowledge.
- Agile Development Process.
- Develop, test and implement code to departmental standards.
- Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Produce just enough documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and reports.
- Ensure that communication to the business is professional, clear and appropriate.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of defects.
- Some international travel
- Work closely with other systems teams to ensure successful technical solution delivery
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Willingness to learn new technology such as Artificial Intelligence, automation or robotics
- WebAPI and/or WCF
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Great communication skills
- Adaptability to change
- The right attitude to progress your IT Career
- An eagerness to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.