Level 3 Software Development Technician
Job Title Software Development Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 35 hours
Salary: £5 – £6 an hour (Depending on experience)
Please contact Josh on Josh.Ankers@estio.co.uk or call 0113 350 0333
About the company:
We’re a Birmingham-based VR Agency. A team of creative artists and pioneering technologists who feel passionately about the potential Mixed Reality has to promote positive change in the world. Our founders started this company with the goal of building a studio with a skilled team, to create unparalleled VR content which today are able to solve real-world problems. We craft world-class, immersive experiences that make a positive impact, and partner with clients of any size to achieve stunning results.
Do you have a passion for software development and in VR? If so, then you’re in for a treat!
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Development Technician with a company based in Birmingham. This company are doing awesome things with Virtual & Augment Reality, due to expansion we’re now looking for an experienced software developer to join our team and help us achieve our exciting new growth goals.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Write working code for a software component
- Using a range of communication methods to explain the function of software
- Apply tools and techniques to solve programming problems
- Code in different languages
- Review the current systems
- Maintain and test software systems
- Be involved in Web and Software developing
- Design and produce in-house UE4 tooling for UE4
- Write and maintain clean, commented code individually and as part of a team
- Troubleshoot and debug a variety of day to day studio issues
- Provide creative and innovative solutions to help optimise applications for VR output
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience with C++ is must
- Team Player
- Art skills would be an advantage
- Ability to learn and adapt very quickly
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong assessment skills
- Games development experience would be a great advantage
- A passion for providing excellent customer services at all times
- Strong communication skills with people at varying levels
- Experience of VFX, PopcornFX and Material Shader would be a bonus.
- Bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook and strong team-working bias
- Excellent communication skills
- Good punctually
- Skilled in identifying and balancing the needs of the individual, the client and the organisation, remaining calm under pressure, whilst maintaining the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop immediate credibility with all levels of staff and acquire an in-depth understanding of the business
- Ability to convey decisions and requirements succinctly and appropriately
- Diplomatic but with assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Confident in managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.