Level 3 Software Development Technician
Job Title: Software Development Apprentice
Weekly Hours Worked: 40 hours per week
Salary: £9,000 to £10,000 p/a
Please contact Tom on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
We have significant expertise in providing IT solutions that have been tailored specifically for our clients.
As part of our bespoke IT solutions we have, in conjunction with a Fire extinguisher installer, designed, developed and built an application specifically for the servicing of Fire Extinguishers.
Our packaged solution minimises risk and increases productivity by providing a managed, safe and secure environment for your staff, business and clients. It also provides an increase in productivity and reduction in waste and associated costs.
We understand that the pains you suffer in completing simple tasks and how little mistakes can lead to big losses on small projects.
Our simple app has been developed to provide a solution at an affordable cost.
Our team of IT professionals are always striving to drive improvements in the way the solution works; along with the benefits, even the smallest changes can make a big difference. We adapt and improve our apps to help you.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Development Technician with a company based in Nottingham.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Creating fully responsive websites and web applications using Visual Basic mainly, you will use other languages also.
- You will be required to communicate with customers and other staff members and provide support to existing websites.
- You will be required to manage your own individual projects and meet agreed deadlines.
- You will help prioritise work loads for yourself and the team
- You will share visions and help produce company apps
- Upgrade and update the company website
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Knowledge of managing and developing websites
- Knowledge of a programming language
- Basic knowledge of other languages such as: HTML, PHP and C#
- Have an outstanding attention to detail
- Must be keen to progress, learn and adapt to new environments and challenging situations.
- Must have a passion for programming
- Willingness to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.