Level 3 Software Development Technician
Job Title: Level 3 Software Development Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 35 hours per week.
Salary: £4.15 – £5 depending on experience.
Please contact Josh on Josh.Anker@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
Hireapitch.com is a service whereby any individual, organisation, corporate or community member can book a pitch for their chosen sport. So whatever your sport, it’s your pitch your game. Our goal is to help people keeping healthy, and enjoy their time keeping fit with their friends and families, also having fun!
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Software Developer Technician Apprentice with a company based in the West Midlands.
This is a fantastic opportunity to begin a success career in Software Development working in a growing company with great long-term job opportunities within the business.
Do you have a passion for Coding and Web Design? Would you like to learn more about Software & Web Development?
The ideal candidate for the role will be a talented and highly motivated individual with some experience in web development. You must be able to demonstrate basic IT literacy and a keen interest in a career in web development.
The candidate must have Photoshop knowledge along with related Microsoft and Adobe products.
Other ideal knowledge areas:
Social Media knowledge
- You need to have good HTML and CSS
- Understanding of Responsive Web Design and how it works.
- Be organised and able to hit your deadlines.
- Above all, be keen to learn and improve.
Nice to haves
- A bit of PHP knowledge.
- A good eye for design.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Developing new websites
- Monitoring existing websites and finding ways to improve them
- Code in different languages
- Review the current systems
- Organising Hosting
- Develop a new website/portal for the business to use internally
- Maintain and test software systems
- Ensuring content on the website(s) stay relevant and are constantly updated working closely with the Digital Marketer be involved in Web and Software developing.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Great attention to Details
- Team Player
- Problem solver
- Able to prioritise work
- Target Driven
- Interested in New Technologies
- Be able to influence decisions
- An interest in sport & fitness.
- Bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook and strong team-working bias
- Excellent communication skills
- Good punctually
- Ability to develop immediate credibility with all levels of staff and acquire an in-depth understanding of the business
- Ability to convey decisions and requirements succinctly and appropriately
- Diplomatic but with assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Confident in managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.