Level 4 Software Developer
Apprentice Software Developer
Salary: £9k p/a
Please contact Ciara on Ciara.Glynn@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Ever since this company was formed in 2003 our main focus has been to provide bespoke 4D services and solutions. The company has rapidly progressed into having an outstanding reputation for understanding complex operational processes and replicating them in user-friendly and efficient systems.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Software Developer with a Software Development company based in Stockport.
Working as part of the development team the main role would be to assist in the development of websites.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assisting in the creation of bespoke WordPress websites to reflect the tone and style of client’s brand.
- Learning the fundamentals of web development via a range of provided courses, self-learning and helpful guidance from the team, in addition to the apprenticeship training.
- Working with the web development team to keep everyone up to date on the projects you’re responsible for.
- Self-motivated as you’ll be working from home for the foreseeable
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- These are not all essential, but some web development knowledge is required.
- Attention to detail
- Great organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong teamwork ethic
- A positive, determined attitude
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive five weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Language
- Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.